World Usability Day Slovenia 2013
World Usability Day Slovenia will take place under the aegis of the University of Ljubljana, the Laboratory for Telecommunications the Faculty for Electrical Engineering and the Slovenian Ministry of Education. It is an international conference and all submissions were peer-reviewed by an international panel of experts.
Advances in information and communication technologies, mobile devices, ubiquitous computing and interactivity, offer an increasing potential for empowering users. Such empowerment could happen in users’ working environment, at home, or in their leisure time.
World Usability Day Slovenia 2013 is the 4th conference of a series to be organized in Slovenia as a part of the global World Usability Day. The first World Usability Day (WUD) was organized in 2004 by the Usability Professionals Association (UPA). UPA was established in 1991 by experts who develop and design applications, and assess the usability of solutions and services at the global level. Its main objective is to make solutions and services more accessible to users, and in particular, to make them more comprehensible and simpler to use.
- Troubles with Electronic Patient Records and telecare/AAL: user experience matters, Dr. Geraldine Fitzpatrick, Head of Human Computer Interaction Group at Vienna University of Technology
- Creative mixed UX methods in evaluation and design, Dr. Leena Arhippainen, User experience researcher at Center for Internet Excellence
- From second screen to multi-screen and beyond, Dr. David Geerts, Research Manager at Centre for User Experience Research, K.U.Leuven
- UX Research & Marketing – An odd couple, Björn Stockleben, User Experiance Designer at Rundfunk Berlin-Branderburg, Berlin, Germany
- Crowd funding & crowdsourcing, Dr. Artur Lugmayr, Head and founder of the New AMbient MUltimedia (NAMU) at the Tampere University of Technology
- Ville Kairamo, Head of Demola and Protomo
- UX Jamming, Mitja Mavsar, Head of UX at D-labs
- dr. Emilija Stojmenova
- mag. Jože Guna
- dr. Matevž Pogačnik
- Argene Superina
- Gregor Burger
- Jure Trilar