Global Transport Challenge
The Global Transport Challenge is an easy way for you to understand how YOU USE transportation everyday and the impact it has on our environment. It is an initiative of World Usability Day and the Usability Professionals’ Association.
- MEASURE your everyday transportation usage
- MONITOR your personal carbon travel footprint and compare
yourself to others around the world
- MINIMIZE your energy usage through alternative transportation choices, carbon offsets, and simple travel changes thereby maximizing the impact on our world.
By taking the Global Transport Challenge you will be actively making a difference in your life and in the lives of others. The information you will receive will help you make simple changes in the way you travel each day that will save energy, and have lasting impact on you, your community, and the world. It’s fun, It’s easy, It’s important!
The challenge starts on World Usability Day 2008, November 13, 2008 by entering information about your average day into our Personal Transport Tracker at www.worldusabilityday.org/globaltransportchallenge/take-challenge-now. You will then receive your personal carbon travel footprint and be able to see how you rate, and compare yourself with others around the world.
- How to make simple travel changes and minimize your footprint
- How to connect with others to explore transportation alternatives
- How to purchase carbon offsets
- And more
To be alerted of the Global Transport Challenge launch updates and for directions on how to easily enter your information submit your email above.